Sunday, January 17, 2010

Now THIS is Living!

I've been following the suggestions from "150 Healthiest Foods On Earth" and I thought I'd share what a "typical" day of healthy eating looks like. It's interesting; although I'm eating MORE than ever, I'm losing weight. Which just goes to show you that the right foods, eaten in moderate proportions, can help you with weight loss. No magic formula; just a whole lot of goodness:

Friday: High energy day, up at 5:30am, 50 minutes of cardio, 15 minutes of pilates, seven clients, several hours of entertaining my son. Bedtime: 9:30pm (pretty much collapsed!)

Breakfast #1: Coffee with 2% milk* and raw honey, 1 apple with scoop of almond butter

Breakfast #2: 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, scoop of whey protein powder, 3 scoops flaxmeal, raw honey

Lunch: Green salad with beets, grilled chicken, full fat dressing. 5 squares of dark chocolate, handful of almonds.

Afternoon: Americano coffee with half and half
Pomegranate juice mixed with aloe vera juice and lemon

Dinner: Stir-fried collard Greens, sweet potato with butter, chicken breast

Before bed: Milk steeped with cinnamon, cardamom, and fennel.

*Milk and all dairy products are organic. Chicken is organic, antibiotic-free.

1 comment:

Mrs. House of J-Boys said...

Go, go, go girl! I am so excited for you and hope that you continue to reap all the rewards of your great eating practices! I didn't go out and buy the book but the local library had a copy and I snapped it up. Even though I have been a "whole foodie" for a while, I really enjoyed the information on least/most pesticide-contaminated foods and made a list for both my husband's and my wallets. Another list of "super foods" will go on the fridge to remind us of those really fabulous foods that can not only nourish us, but heal us. Hooray for whole foods!