Monday, November 24, 2008

Who The Heck Are You?

If you've just migrated over from my "Sleepless in Sac-Town" blog, you're probably wondering what I'm doing here.

And if you've just hit on this blog from my business card, you might be curious as to what a blog site has to do with fitness.

For a long time, I've wanted to create a space where my clients, my family, and my friends (including all the virtual friends whom I haven't met in "real" life yet) could access tips and ideas that I try and integrate into my daily life. And since I'm too cheap and too much of a novice to build a web site, I figured that a blog would be the next best thing.

So what's so luscious here? Well, it's simple. When you're healthy and feeling good, it seems that lots of things start to fall in place and life feels, you know, just a bit more luscious. Or juicy. Or just pretty darn great.

You might be asking yourself at this point: "What qualifies this person as a health professional?" My answer is pretty simple. Over the last 18 years, I've lost 70 lbs, give or take a few (depending on the season and my emotional state!). Cancer has hit my immediate family twice. I've dropped out of the banking world to pursue a career in fitness. I took fitness a step further to work with clients who have special conditions (i.e. knee/hip replacements, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia). All of these steps required tons of research, reading, testing, and client contact hours.

And the learning never stops...I'm constantly on the search for the newest developments in disease prevention, I'm trying out new fitness trends, and I'm talking non-stop to people, day in and day out, about their health.

So here's an opportunity for you to take some of what I know and maybe try it on in your own life. You can also check back here each week to see what's happening in my world of yoga and pilates classes. I'll post openings in my Reformer classes and give you updates as to where you can find me teaching yoga and other group classes during the week.

It's my vision to someday have a physical space where we I can bring people together to practice yoga, learn pilates, and experience wellness from other practitioners. Once the economy gets a little brighter, I'll have more ideas as to how this venture might unfold.

In the meantime, make "Luscious Life" one of your wellness spots. I'll have some guest writers lined up, some products that you simply must bring into your kitchen, a few supplement ideas that you might consider integrating into your regime, and as always, some recommendations as to how to live a luscious life! Please feel free to email me directly with any questions you may.

Here's to luscious living.

No comments: