Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lovin' Linsey!

One of my students, who is a massage therapist, just gave me a massage last night and I had to post today to let you all know that SHE ROCKS!

I've had less than a dozen massages in my life and my issue with massage in the past has been that the therapist's technique is either too light or too deep. After a massage, I generally feel the same as when I walk in (that's when the pressure is way too light) or I feel completely beaten up (some therapists have honestly made me wince with pain).

What I like about Linsey is that she has a great balance of deep tissue work and relaxation. I felt my back crack, pop, and release in so many spots that I committed on the spot to having a massage every month. I think it's the least I can do for myself, when I demand so much out of my body on a daily basis.

Linsey has a fabulous space in her home with low lighting, lots of candles and a good mix of Enya-type tunes. She'll come to your home but I highly recommend going to hers because of the distraction-free environment.

For a one hour massage, Linsey charges $45.00 and she will customize the session in any way you like. She is available late afternoons, evenings and weekends. Here is her email address: linseydegen@yahoo.com

When I got home last night, I felt really good. Calm, steady, grounded. I could use a little more of that in my life. Thank you, Linsey!

2 comments:

Briana said...

Yea!! Yea!! I am glad you finally went and got a massage. You of all people I know DESERVE it. :)

Unknown said...

I am so glad that somebody is finally blogging about my massage therapist! She is the absolute best! Her technique is amazing...I always leave completely relaxed. I highly reccomend her as well.