Saturday, June 12, 2010

I'm Back!

I am so excited to re-join my yogi friends for Wednesday nights at Del Norte Club! Mark your calendars; my first official day back will be June 23rd.

My doctor gave me the go ahead for limited yoga practice, which I interpreted to mean: full menu of all poses except for handstand. Headstand might be questionable too!

Nevertheless, I have tons of energy to share with all of you, and new music too.

I'm grateful for the outpouring of support that I received from all of you during the time that I was recuperating. As is always the case with my Del Norte community, I am humbled by the enthusiasm that you bring to our class and to our practice of yoga. It is both a blessing and an honor to be your teacher. And I promise to be around for many, many more Wednesdays from this point on!

Rumor has it that Judy will be joining us to practice on the 23rd. Then, we'll head out to the lawn area to enjoy some her amazing treats. Please plan to hang out for a bit after class that evening (kids are welcome, too).

One last thing. There is a wonderful project happening in our community called Yoga In the Park. Every Saturday morning, a free, 75 minute vinyasa class is held in McKinley Park at 9am. This endeavor is the brainchild of Zuda Yoga instructor, Gina Garcia. Gina is a lovely person and a truly gifted yoga instructor. She has generously shared her talents with 30 to 40 people every Saturday this spring.

I went to Yoga In The Park last Saturday and was amazed by the energy of the group. I plan to go every Saturday that I can this summer.

If you are interested in getting a Del Norte group together for a regular Saturday event, please find me at the club or send an email. You can find more details about Gina and her classes at McKinley by searching Yoga In The Park, Sacramento on Facebook.

Thank you again for your commitment to our classes together and for the warmth, compassion and devotion that you all collectively offer up. It is truly a special opportunity to share my love of yoga with all of you.

Namaste-
janeen.

No comments: